Revised on 28th March 2022
When you use these services, you’ll share some information with us. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the controls we give you to access, update, and delete your information.
Information We Collect
It goes without saying, we can’t help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you’d like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, most of our services require you to set up an account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, email address, phone number.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
- Usage Information We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
- Device information We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- Other information with your consent If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you searched this restaurant and you spend this much time using this feature . Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as which filters you use , or which search queries you submit.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points etc .
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or
- browser; and
How We Use Information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile, activity on the service, and preferences to recommend meaningful connections to you and recommend you to others; For more information on our profiling and automated decision-making .
- Show user’s profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
- To allow you to share content on social media, some features of this website use social media plug-ins (e.g., Twitter™ “Share to Twitter” or LinkedIn™ “in” buttons). Depending on your social media account settings, we automatically receive information from the social media platform when you use the corresponding button on our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- information about you, such as your username, name,
- information about how you have interacted with our services understand your connections with others using our services.
- any additional information you have directed us to share
- public information like your name, username, profile pictures.
- With third parties. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant information , including on third-party websites and apps.
- We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition or allianceIf O hi gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
How We Keep Your Information
We store your basic account information—like your name, phone number, and email address—and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use. For example, if you use the Map, we store information about your favorite places so we can personalize and improve your experience.
We’re constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content you first!
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content, if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations, or if your account or content created by you is flagged by our automated systems for abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law .
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our app. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information.
- Revoking permissions.In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user of O hi if for some reason you ever want to delete your account you can uninstall the app or write us to at email@example.com . We are soon getting a delete / de-activate your account feature .
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 16 . And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16.